Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Goodbye Costanza

As most of you know, Benett has had a horseshoe of his newborn hair for several months. We called this hair "The Costanza" for obvious reasons. I am happy to say that he has now lost all of it. Mike and I can't wait to see what his real hair will actually look like when it starts to really grow. Right now, Benett still looks pretty bald in all his pictures. However, when you see him in person, he actually does have quite a bit of hair.Benett has also started doing several new things lately. He has discovered how to grunt and grrrr which is his new favorite sound to make (this has replaced the mmmmm). He is also laughing out loud when he thinks things are funny.
Last night when we were all hanging out on the couch, Benett was reclined back on me and actually pulled himself up (with little assistance) to a sitting position. Mike and I were amazed at his accomplishment. He is doing so well sitting up and standing (both supported of course) that I can imagine that it won't be long before he is independently doing both. One of Benett's favorite ways to show off this skill is to stand up on the dresser in our spare bedroom and look at himself in the mirror. He has been doing so well that I decided this morning that he was ready for his standing disk entertainer. It was a little more difficult to put together than I thought it would be because of all the pieces that had to snap together. In the end, all the hard work was worth it because Benett LOVED his new play space!


Standing up like a big boy!

Mike and Benett hanging out after Benett showed Daddy his new toy.

Benett and Papa having a "man to man" conversation during our recent trip to Mansfield.

Benett and Nana hanging out during Spring Break.

No comments: