Tuesday, April 14, 2009
all the small things
It is the small things in life that bring me so much joy everyday. Holding my husband's hand as we fall asleep, getting Benett's attention from across the room and seeing him grin with excitement when he realizes I have been watching him play, rocking my sweet baby to sleep, going running outside when the weather is just perfect, spending time with friends and finding out what all has been going on in their world, sharing in the day to day with my family, all these things are what make life wonderful. Sometimes, I think we forget just how much joy you can find in the small things. We get too caught up in our thoughts, responsibilities, and accomplishments (or sometimes lack of accomplishments) and forget that in God's vastness that he took the time to create a world with such precision and detail so that we would be able to enjoy it. From the uniqueness of every flower to the intricacies of every person's personality, God made this world more beautiful than can be described with words. I thank Him everyday for the amazing life He has blessed me with, and for showing me just how joyful life can be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what a beautiful reflection Amanda! It is so true.
Congrats on baby's first tooth! =)
Oh my goodness what a great blog! I am enjoying all the precious pictures and inspiring reflections. Benett is so sweet and so are his parents! Hope to see you all soon!
Post a Comment