A birthday has so much more meaning once you have a child. I had heard this from many parents in the past, but never really understood what they meant until now. Benett turned 1 year old today which to some might not seem all that big of a deal, but to me it means the world. Several weeks ago as we began preparing for Benett's big day by getting the party invitations, decorations, and birthday presents, I couldn't help but reflect back on this past year. It seems like it has gone by so quickly, but when I stop to think about all that has happened and all the changes we have gone through as a family it has definitely been the best year of our lives. Benett has been the most wonderful addition to our family. Making the transition from married couple to parents is such a beautiful stage in life. Mike and I have learned so much about one another and have both grown in so many ways. Some days were harder than others some nights more restful than others, but everyday of this past year was filled with joy because Benett was a part of it. Our lives were blessed in such an amazing way this very day last year. Our marriage has grown over this past year and we now depend on one another more, love each other more deeply and cherish all the little moments life brings. I thank God everyday for all He does and for the amazing relationships we are able to have because of His beautiful creation of marriage and family.Benett is the most wonderful baby I have ever known. I'm sure most parents say this about their own children, but in this case it is absolutely true. :) He can light up the room with his adorable smile. Benett's laughter and tenderness are contagious. I love watching him learn about the world and helping him throughout his busy day of exploring. We added a few things to his list of firsts this past weekend. Benett had his first birthday party and first taste of cake topped with icing. He really enjoyed putting his hands all through the whipped cream on the cake and of course eating it. We had the entire family in town for a weekend celebrating Benett's first year. We missed not having Aunt Tina and Aunt Patti here to celebrate with us, but we were so happy that everyone else was able to be a part of our weekend o' fun.

Benett in the hood with Nana.
Family picture before we started the party on Sunday.
"Uncle Tim, let's go get some of that birthday cake!"
Family picture before we started the party on Sunday.
"Uncle Tim, let's go get some of that birthday cake!"












2 comments:
Happy Birthday Benett!
Cute party Amanda, I'm glad ya'll had fun. =)
That was a great write up. We were all very blessed to be there for his first brithday. Aunt Tina is still bummed that she couldn't make it, but she is extra excited to have y'all out here in only about 7 more weeks.
I will add one more first to Benett's celebration...Pancakes!!!! Yummy!!!!
Post a Comment