Friday, October 23, 2009

Standing Tall and Walking Strong

Today was a BIG day! Benett and I were playing when I decided we should work on him standing independently. I stood Benett up, helped him balance, counted to 3, and let go. He looked right at me and started to smile as he stood by himself for about 45 seconds. We were both super excited. I, of course, got out the camera to snap a few pics of our memorable moment. As the day went on, Benett pushed my hands down every time I tried to hold him up, telling me "I can do it Mama."
Right when Mike got home from work I asked him if he wanted to see Benett's new skill. "Did he take his first steps" he asked. "No, but he did do something impressive" I replied, standing Benett up in the middle of the kitchen. Benett stood for 10-15 seconds when bop, bop, bop he took his first 3 steps towards Daddy! Mike and I looked at each other and just started laughing, smiling and congratulating Benett on his accomplishment. Mike and I are so happy that we were both able to experience this momentous milestone together. We are sure that Benett was sand-bagging until Daddy got home from work, and we are happy he did. We are so proud of our little bugaloo! Congratulations, Benett, on the first of many steps you will take over your lifetime. Remember to always celebrate each step as much as we did your first. We love you so much!

1 comment:

KayDiB said...

Looks like he's "gettin' down!" LOL Such a cutie pie.
Nana