Benett is now seven months old. I know I constantly say "I can't believe that it has been X number of months since Benett was born," but I really can't believe how quickly the months pass. It is hard to remember what life was like before him. I have glimpses of it when I see my friends who don't have kids yet and when Mike and I go out by ourselves and let Nana watch Benett, but I really don't miss the BB (Before Benett) life. A child is such a blessing to a marriage and family. It is so much fun watching him discover the world and how to do new things. Benett loves life and has such a pleasant demeanor about everything he does. If you ever wonder what true joy looks like, watch a child as he learns how to do something new and you won't wonder anymore.At seven months, Benett is now sitting on his own without falling over every few seconds, standing and holding on to furniture (he hasn't pulled himself up yet), taking steps with someone supporting him, moving towards objects that he wants but not quite crawling, showering Mama and Daddy with "baby smooches", giggling when you tickle him or give him zerburts on his belly, and twirling my hair when I carry him. Benett has changed so much this past month. Every day he learns new things or improves on things he has been doing for a while. Now I know why people say 6 to 9 months is such an fun age.
Benett fell asleep when I was holding him so I thought I would let him sleep on the ottoman as I folded laundry. I would never let him sleep like this unless I was right there watching because he could roll off which would be a horrible way for him to wake up.
No comments:
Post a Comment