Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mr. Giggles and my first race

This past weekend I competed in my first triathlon of the season. It was a pretty short race (300m swim, 11 mile bike, and 2 mile run), but boy was I tired by the time it was over. Nana and Papa came in town to help out with Benett during the race, but I made the last minute decision to have them just stay home with him instead of getting him up at 6 am to drive down to New Braunfels.
Mike and I left the house around 5:15 on Sunday morning and I was pretty tired. Benett had a very restless night, and I had only gotten about 4 hours of sleep. I was very thankful that I had taken a long nap on Saturday. The race went pretty well all things considered. I finished 66 out of 324 overall and 14 out of 53 in my age group. Mike said that since it was an all female race that there should be a "given birth in the past year" category. I agree with him. Maybe I would have won that division. :) Anyway, I am looking forward to my next race later this summer.
The rest of Sunday was pretty low key and both Mike and I got a nap in before our babysitters headed back home. Before nap time we were all sitting around when Benett got a case of the giggles and hiccups at the same time. This was the first time Benett has laughed this much all at once. Good times!

1 comment:

Florida Trims said...

That might be my favorite video ever! We can wait to see it LIVE!!!!