We spent yesterday morning at the Milwood Independence Day Parade and Picnic. Yes, there was some on and off rain, but we didn't let that extinguish our desire to celebrate the freedoms we enjoy in our country! It's cool that our neighborhood does this, because I only know of a handful in Texas that do - essentially, the parade starts out at a church in our neighborhood and people dress up themselves, their kids, their bikes, and their dogs and walk through our neighborhood streets. At the end of the parade is a picnic complete with drinks, raffle prizes and lots of meat. Here is a picture of Amanda and I holding down one of the grills. It was a great way to get out and meet people - we actually met 2 neighbors that live within a couple hundred yards of our house.
Yesterday afternoon, we went for a 7 mile jog around Town Lake. I'll spare you the details, just know that Town Lake is high and it is moving fast.

4 comments:
The fiery inferno (aka, grill)! :)
The fiery infero..aka Bonfire!
Boy, they were very fortunate to have such great cooks holding down the grill! I bet it was a lot of fun.
I'm no statistician, but I'd say that's about 1 Dr. Pepper for every pack of sausage. :) It's so cool of you to BBQ for your neighborhood. I bet your friends would really enjoy a burger and sausage wrap. :)
Post a Comment