
We had a busy weekend! Benett and I loved having Mike home for a four day weekend, but Mike probably didn't feel like he was off of work because of all the things we were doing around the house. On Thursday, while Mike helped our contractor finish up the master bathroom remodel, I received a phone call from the counter top company saying that our new granite counters would be ready for install on Tuesday. This changed our weekend plans a lot! Instead of heading to Nana and Papa's on Friday as planned, Mike spent the day doing demolition in the kitchen. He worked really hard to remove the counters and tile back-splash so that we could head to Mansfield early Saturday morning.

We also decided to grout the master bath after Benett went to sleep on Friday. Probably wasn't the best idea because I stayed up until 1:30 grouting while Mike cleaned up the garage. It was a VERY long and exhausting day.
Benett in his Mama swing on Friday while Daddy was working in the kitchen.
The counters are out and so are all our pots and pans. I had to clear everything out of the cabinets on Thursday night and pack them in plastic bins. Our dining area is a complete mess right now.
This is how we lived last week. Nothing like walking on dirty paper every time you want to get in your room. Mike and I frequently did "Ninja Warrior" style walking to avoid getting our feet dirty with construction dust. I am glad this part of the remodel is over!
My boys taking a much needed break on Friday.Saturday we got up and the fun half of the weekend started. We spent time hanging out with Papa, Nana, Matt and Amanda doing the usual stuff in Mansfield. We went swimming, cooked a lot of good food and watched the fireworks. July 4th at Nana and Papa's is super fun because the fireworks show is just blocks from their house, so we can walk over and be right in the middle of the show. Benett was asleep by the time the fireworks started, so he stayed at home with Nana. This was for the best because I don't think he would have liked all the noise. Maybe he will be able to see his first fireworks show next year.
Daddy showing Benett how to splash in the water.
Matt and Amanda after an afternoon in the sun.
It is hard to capture fireworks on camera. This doesn't really do the show justice, but at least you get the idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment